Need to find something?

Loading...

Saturday, May 28, 2011

I'm Still Alive

Well it has been quite a while since I've last posted on this blog.  It's a shame, I really do enjoy interacting with my readers, but it can be hard to find things to write about sometimes.  As running has been moved aside for other things going on in my life, the subject matter has been increasingly difficult to address.

Since my last post, my Track season has ended.  It ended on a pretty good note, I PR'd on the 800 at JV Kingco.  I've been less stressed with times this season and more focused on enjoying my last season Senior year, and its made it all a lot more enjoyable.  I also started shying away from the mile, when it finally hit me that the 800 is two less laps.

Aside from running I've been approaching a new stage of my life, and the end of an old one.  I only have 11 school days left until graduation.  Its strange to think that I won't ever be in high school again.  I turned 18 recently, which also happened to fall on the day of my senior prom, so that was cool.  I had a good time and went pretty hard that night, hehe.  My classes are becoming increasingly less important to me as the days go by.  I literally cannot make myself do anything for school and have altogether stopped doing homework.

I'm really looking forward to my next stage in life, and kind of starting over in a sense.  I'm going to be an Honors student at Western Washington University this coming fall, and I'm really looking forward to it.  My dream is to major in astrophysics, but unfortunately Western doesn't offer it as a major.  Probably what I'll do is take lots of math, astronomy, and physics classes at Western, and then transfer when I need to or stay if I find another major that suits my ambitions.  I've come to realize, especially these past several months, that my life is my own and that its mine to control.  I can go where I want to go and do what I want to do.  It's a really amazing and liberating feeling.

Oh and one last thing, there are some ads on this site now.  Now that I'm 18, I'm eligible for Google Adsense, so I though I'd give it a try.  I'll be sure to keep them as unobtrusive as possible to keep the nice aesthetics on the site intact.

5 comments:

  1. Enjoy this time in your life. Embrace the change and being suspended in the unknown for a bit. Start over. Re-invent. Take risks. This is the time to do it. You will never regret it. Have an awesome graduation! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. We are happy to offer you a 10% discount to our Online Store if you do so. Please email me back and I would be happy to give you our link.

    Thanks!

    Frank
    frank641w@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zap - Thanks! These past few weeks have been really bittersweet for me. I'm looking forward to the future, but at the same time its hard knowing that I'm never gonna see the majority of these people again :(

    Frank - Sent ya an email.

    ReplyDelete

  4. *´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•`love the post! ♥

    http://www.runningonthewall.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey I was reading your blog because I am an avid runner.. I love your stuff! I thought you may be interested in a new fitness line that is hitting the market at the end of Feb. A friend of mine is a sales representative for their company and she let me check out a sample. It's two women that are in the workout industry who developed fitness apparel based on a need. The clothing line is coming out at the end of Feb. and what they have created is a sweat proof pocket for your smart phone that sits on your side. I had the opportunity to try them and they are incredible, the material is fantastic.. I swear I looked two sizes smaller and they are so functional with the smart phone pocket on my hip. I could not even feel that it was there and it was compressed against my leg so it did not bounce. I am a business owner and I always need my phone on me but carrying it around is always problem. The company is called Fit Plus Wear, www.fitpluswear.com Functional Fitness Clothing with a PLUS! These pants are revolutionary and a must have for anyone that's active! I hope you check them out! Keep up the good work on your blog, loving all the information!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...