Thursday, April 14, 2011

Running in Hawaii

So my family is on a much needed vacation to Hawaii, Maui specifically.  There gets a point for Seattlites when you simply have to get away from the elongated winter that seems to absorb fall and spring.  That image embedded above is a photo I just shot from our balcony at Napili Point.  It's absolutely gorgeous here, and the lack of air-conditioning isn't even bothering me much after the shitty excuse for light we get in Seattle.

Besides snorkling, swimming, and simply lounging in the sun like a content cat, I've been running.  Or have run, rather - I went for my first run here today.  After all, I gotta keep in shape for Track.  It wasn't a particularly long run, 3.5 miles at the most.  What made it hard was the heat and humidity, neither of which I am used to, and my shitty pacing.  For some reason I can never pace myself, and end up going way too fast running solo.  I probably averaged 7.5 minute miles.  My run was also up this huge hill, I ended up turning around a bit after passing some resort named The Ridge

All the things I'm bitching about accounted for, the run was hard.  Oh well, when I got back, I literally ran straight to the pool.  I didn't even go inside to change, I simply took off my shoes, and flopped into the deep end.  It felt amazing.

8 comments:

  1. Nice! That will be me in about 2 months. Will be in Maui at the Kaanapali Alii with our family as well. Was looking forward to some beach running while I'm there. Relax and enjoy and don't worry too much about track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha you'll love it, this place is amazing! Have you been before? And yeah I was too, but unfortunately there's no long stretch of beach where we're staying. And yeah I'm trying not to - it's just so easy to get out of shape otherwise. Track racing shape that is.

    And you'll be happy to know I've been stepping up the BR running. I have to post about that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor you. Running in Hawaii. Your life is so rough! hee! hee! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luke - I've been to all the other islands except Maui so I'm really looking forward to it.

    Wow! Hope you're enjoying the BFR. Will keep my eyes peeled for future posts about that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen - Yeah I know, right? It's a hard life, but I manage ;)

    Krista - Yeah I'm sure I'll get one up sometime next week when I can resume my barefoot running on turf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome work.Just wanted to drop a comment and say I am new to your blog and really like what I am reading.Thanks for the share

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am extremely impressed along with your writing abilities, Thanks for this great share.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I certainly agree to some points that you have discussed on this post. I appreciate that you have shared some reliable tips on this review.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...