Wednesday, March 30, 2011

March 24th Redmond Meet Re-Cap

Me running the 800.  Probably the first bend - I still look attractive.
Shit, its been awhile.  I need to get back to posting on here more regularly.  Anyways, I'll give you an update from last week's meet.  We have another tomorrow - hopefully the re-cap won't be so belated again.

Last Thursday's meet was decent for me.  I didn't perform as well as I'd like to, but it was better than the Jamboree.  Instead of the 1600, I actually ended up running the 800 as a result of my coach randomly putting me into it.  I actually really liked it, despite my shitty time of 2:30.  I don't know what is up with me.  I should be faster than this.  Something happens to me in the second half of the race - the last two laps in the 16 and the second lap in the 8.  My coach thinks I might have an iron deficiency or something as I look anemic.  I dunno about that but something is definitely out of place.  Or maybe I'm just not made to be a competitive runner.  That's also entirely possible.  But its whatever - I enjoy running.  Yeah I'm not that great and shouldn't be performing so poorly but its still fun for me.  And that's really all that matters anyhow.

Last week wasn't all bad, though.  My shins felt fine after the 8, and I was more than able to do a 4 by 4 at the end of the meet.  So that was nice.  If you wanna see Roosevelt's times go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...