Friday, March 18, 2011

March 17th Nathan Hale Jamboree Re-Cap

Yesterday I had pretty shitty and frustrating race.  I ran the 1600 (mile) and didn't do so hot.  My first problem was that I went out WAY too fast.  After I heard my first 400 meter split (1 lap) I knew that I was going to have a shitty race.  I clocked in at 72 seconds for my first lap.  I should have been a good 10 seconds slower than that so I could have a good kick my last 400.  I wasn't that far behind Daniel and Hart for the first lap (they get 4:30's, 4:40's respectively on the mile) which was a huge red light for me.

I ended up finishing with a 5:37.  I was hoping for a lot better for my first race this year.  Oh well, I know what to change next time.  I was feeling like I was about to pass out the 3rd and 4th lap.  My coach even mentioned that I looked a little anemic there.  Oddly enough, I had the same problem my first race last year.  History apparently does repeat itself - even in high school track.

Luckily my tendinitis wasn't too bad during the race, but my knees hurt like a motherfucker directly after and for the rest of the evening.  To the point where I actually pussy-footed out of the 4 by 400 relay.  Oh well, it wasn't worth making any worse.

You can check out all the meet statistics here as well as my Track & Field Athletic.net profile here.

3 comments:

  1. Even though it wasn't exactly what you wanted, it is still a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jen! Unfortunately it should have been quite a bit faster based on how much work and running I've been putting into this sport... my coach thinks I may be anemic so I'm gonna see someone about it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luckily my tendinitis wasn't too bad during the race, but my knees hurt like a motherfucker directly after and for the rest of the evening. To the point where I actually pussy-footed out of the 4 by 400 relay. Oh well, it wasn't worth making any worse.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...