Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Homemade Tarahumaran Huarache Running Sandals

Daniel be working tha' numkeg.
A runner friend of mine made Tarahumaran Huarache running sandals for his senior project.  This guy's a boss runner and his dad is a cobbler/shoemaker, so this project was perfect for him.

He made everything from scratch and documented his efforts in a blog he kept as a project log, Making Tarahumaran Huarache Running Sandals. The pictures I have here are just the tip of the iceburg, click on the link for much more information written and documented by Daniel himself!
The finished product tied two different ways.

5 comments:

  1. I'd like to read more but the link doesn't work...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I couldn't get the link to work either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bret and Jen: Shoot, you're right, I screwed up the link. I'll fix it ASAP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your friend did a great job with that senior project. I've had so many issues with my VFFs I've been seriously contemplating making my own huaraches. I like that he has two ways to tie it. Most people I know who wear them usually tie it for slipping on and off. Thanks for the cool link!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah they are pretty neat. Unfortunately I can't get him to run in them, though. But honestly it would be a bad idea for him to start now, having to change his form and risk injuring himself at the beginning of the track season.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...