Saturday, February 5, 2011

Running for Tension Release

Photo Credit: darkchild69 of Flickr
I had a regrettable and not so great Friday night.  This morning I woke up feeling quite literally like a dried up piece of shit.  You know that kind of crumbly dog shit you find in parks during the summer that's all dried out and looks like a dehydrated segment of brown chalk?  That's exactly how I felt this morning.

But instead of just puttering around all day and doing nothing about my mental state, I decided "Hey, why not go and see just how much negative energy I can drive through my legs and implant into some hills while I'm sprinting up them?"  So I did exactly that.  And let me tell you it was awesome.

Before setting out I took an exceedingly cold shower as per a friend's suggestion.  My blood was flowing and I was ready to go.  I set out for View Ridge Park, which is like 1/3 of a mile from my house.  Across the street from the park is a steep and nasty hill.  The image above is actually of the stairs on the adjacent field (you go up the stairs I used, cross the field, and then go up the stairs shown above that the photographer is looking down).  However, the engineer did both sets and they are identical.  So the picture works.

ANYWAYS, I did 10 sprints or so up the stairs and then would jog down on the other side of the handrail.  I found that the stairs limited my speed going up.  They were slippery and I still needed to work out a bit more tension.  So I just moved to the field and sprinted up that another 10 times or so.  It felt absolutely wonderful.  I just got home and wrote up this blog post.  Then I plan to work out a ton of shit I have for AP Comp Gov.  But now I actually can - I'm in a significantly better mood.  Yee running!

2 comments:

  1. Major kudos to you for running despite feeling like shit.
    Hopefully, whenever I have a day where I feel shitty I can still get myself motivated enough to go and run... Because, if I don't, I'll probably just feel even worse about not running, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I should have probably clarified, I wasn't that bad physically. More mentally. And running helped with that a lot. And yeah, it just snowballs if you don't get out there and run!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...