Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Another Post-Run Rush? Yes, Please!

Just LOOK at that beautiful sunshine!
Today I just had to go running.  I've kind of promised myself that I'm going to run at least 5 times a week to get in better shape for Track, which now starts in just under a month.  And today we miraculously had some sun.  Yes, Seattle can be not overcast.  Sometimes.

Anyhow, I did the boring old Burke Gilman loop (probably a little under 5 miles).  At first I felt great.  Then I got frustrated with my out of shape-ness and stopped after a little under 4 miles.  Then I walked for 8 or 9 minutes.  Luckly, The Final Countdown came on just in time, and pumped me up sufficiently to run for the last 6 minutes or so.  Thank you, Europe!

The real good part was when I got home.  As soon as I got home I felt a good runner's high coming on.  So I ran to my room, got Otherside by the Chili Peppers cranked way louder than is probably healthy for my ears, and laid down in bed.  It was an excellent 5 minutes or so of blissfully just floating along with the voice of Anthony Kiedis.  Actually, though, that guy's voice is a fucking instrument.  Hit him up.

2 comments:

  1. The Final Countdown = Epic.

    I also just realized that, for some reason, I don't have that song on my running playlist. I must fix that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yeah I know! Well get that shit on there asap! I absolutely LOVE all those space exploration songs, like this and also Space Oddity by David Bowie (this is major Tom to ground control...)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...