Monday, January 3, 2011

RAGE Run

I'm sure most of you have experienced this before.  Or maybe not.  I'm probably just making completely bogus generalizations based on my exceedingly-arbitrary experiences as a runner.  I like big words.

Sorry, back to the point of this post.  Just incase you didn't know, the image below is basically how your mind works when you have ADD and its late and that Adderall you took this morning has lost its effectiveness.  Ignore the political message behind the random list of connected shit (RLOCS for short), its intended to show how my mind works.  And how I get off track (haha, pun not intended).  Easily.  I have actually written lists like this out before.  No joke.
Oh right, the point of this post!  So, last... Thursday I went for a run.  I hadn't run for like a week.  And was sick.  Needless to say, it was totally lame, and I had to call it quits after an embarrassing two miles.  This is basically what I looked like, some totally lame and whinny runner.
I dunno about you guys, but whenever I have a run like that, I get pissed.  Like really, really pissed.  I just get super angry at myself for letting up, whether it is really my fault or not.  So, on Saturday I went for a RAAAAGE run around Greenlake (outside loop is a 5k for those of you who don't live in Seattle or do and are just clucks).  I ran around it fast.  And angrily.  And it felt good to completely take my anger out on my sore-as-hell ankles and knees.  I totally felt redeemed for my pathetic Thursday run.  For your visual delight (thaaaat's not a real phrase) I have provided a picture of me during the run.  That is actually me by the way.  I'm a middle aged fat guy in high school in case you didn't know.

That is all.  It's obvious I need to stop talking.

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and it is a lot of fun to read :) I know exactly what you mean by a rage-run. I do them all the time and those are the days I usually run the farthest and fastest :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks Kirsty! They're also my fastest, but because of that they also tend to be my shortest :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...