Monday, January 24, 2011

Not Where I Want to Be...

Today in my lifting/conditioning class we ran a mile.  I decided to give it my best today, after last week I had gotten over 10 minutes on the mile (my pinched nerve was preventing me from going much faster).  I got 6 minutes flat on the mile today.  I was heated.  Several months ago, during the XC season I had done it in 10 seconds less.  My 1600m PR from last season is 5:30.  I thought I'd be a lot more in shape than I really am right now.

But maybe I'm being too hard on myself.  I had about 4 bowls of cereal this morning, and even though I've never blown chunks after a run, I seriously thought I was about to this morning.  I also have been really inconsistent with running, getting out only once or twice a week.  And I didn't run at all last week because of that nerve issue.  I think I just need to really step it up with the pre-season running.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for checking out my blog Luke! I hope your pinched nerve gets better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, of course! Its actually gone now. I had a really good run today with it gone :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...