Sunday, January 30, 2011

Boss Runner's High & Shoes

This evening I did a hill work out.  I ran up this 250-300 meter segment of a hill at like 800 race pace.  The hill grade was probably about 10% or so.  To my amazement, I convinced my lazy ass to do 4 of them!  But the best part was when I got home - I had an INTENSE runner's high.  I literally just went into my room, turned off the lights, and flopped down on my bed.  My head felt all floaty and awesome.  When it was mostly gone I glanced at the clock and realized I had been laying there for over 15 minutes.  You know you're having a good endorphin rush when that happens.

I also fulfilled numbers 2 and 3 today from my new year's resolution post from almost a month ago!  A friend of mine got me off my duff and took me to the mall to get some new running shoes and just some street shoes.  Because I'm not trying to be some cluck who wears Asics everywhere.  I am kind of going through cushion withdrawal, though.  There's nothing quite as comfortable as running shoes.

The new street shoes.  Thank you Sarah Klein for knowing a shit ton more than me about shoes!
The new running shoes.  They're Asics Gel Pulse 2's and are identical to my old ones, even in size.
New vs. the old.  Totally had forgotten how nice shoes look when you first get them!
Something funny about my old shoes: my toe had run a hole through the top in the exact same place in both shoes.  Need to make sure that my toe-nails are always kept SUPER short!
...It also happened where my pinky toe would dig in.

2 comments:

  1. Gotta love that runner's high! And your shoes look pretty nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks Jen! I REALLY needed some new ones!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...