Sunday, January 9, 2011

Blog Redesign

My old blog template was a little... pointy.  Not a word you would normally use to describe a site's appearance, but it's fitting nevertheless.  All of the corners poked out too much and looked unattractive.

The old template was also a little crammed.  Two sidebars surrounding the posts was just too much stuff on one page.  So I combined the sidebars and put them all on the right.  This allowed me to have some gadgets be wider, and also cut down on margin waste.

I like the new look a lot more, what do you think?

10 comments:

  1. That quote on your banner is one of my favorites. If it's not fun, then why do it? I like your blog look, I didn't see the old one, but the new one's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the new one. its less chaotic ... or umm pointy lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen: Haha, exactly! I kind of have a love/hate relationship, though. But the love definitely outweighs the hate!

    Kirsty: Yeah, there's definitely that too. There's less distractions. I wanted something a bit more... simplistic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Count me in to those individuals who love your new design. It is like there is really action and thrill. I also love the color combination.
    suboxone withdrawal

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kathy! Yeah, I like its look a lot more as well. As Kirsty pointed out, a lot less chaotic and cluttered!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does not look cluttered now. In fact, it looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the new look and blog design. Looks more professional. Keep it up man.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the new design! Looks pretty neat!

    Suboxone Withdrawal

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...