- you're from the US but you judge distances in meters, not feet or yards.
- you can look at a grass field and guess its circumference almost exactly.
- 4 minutes is a sacred duration of time.
- you know every PR you have ran at every distance, even your friends', teammates', and idols' PRs.. to the tenth of a second... not to metion the splits you ran in that killer speed workout a couple of weeks back...but you have trouble remembering things like your phone number or your mom's birthday.
- you go and play basketball with your friends and you're the guy running in circles pissing the crap out of all of the non-runners just for the fun of it. But you still suck at basketball.
- the first thing you notice about someone is their calves.
- ultimate frisbee is the only other sport your good at.
- a car honk makes your middle finger rise into the air by reflex.
I got these from this thread on the forum at letsrun.com. Most were modified a little bit for my needs and to make them funnier in my opinion. These were just my favorites, there's many more in that link.
I feel like there are a lot of jokes out there universal to all runners, and it shows a sort of connection, which makes them all the more funny. In this post I also kind of want to show some funny cartoons I've discovered.
|Cartoonist: David Farley|
|Owner: Fayetteville Area Running Association|