Thursday, December 30, 2010

Running Swag

So I was browsing Shut Up And Run (one of my favorite running blogs by the way, the author has a writing style riddled with hilarity) and came across a post that gave me an exceedingly good laugh.  It was a hilarious assortment of holiday gifts for runners, but one caught my eye in particular...
More applicable to the male runners out there (or at least I would hope so), but still worth posting about nonetheless.  I want one.  Badly.  And I'm pretty sure that Roosevelt's boys track team all needs one as part of our 2011 season swag.  Apparently the hats are $26.99 + S&H at Zazzle.com.  A little steep but obviously worth it.

6 comments:

  1. Great hat! They need to make one for the ladies that says "Running makes your boobs bigger"

    How did you create that lovely header ? What program did you use? I am curious because mine always looks fuzzy and pixilated once I add it to blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha, you should make on and market it!

    Thanks! I used Photoshop for the header. That's odd about the pixelation issue... maybe the resolution is too high and blogger auto-adjusts it. I just used Photoshops "Save for Web" feature which makes the file size a lot smaller by cutting down on waste. For example, there's only 25o colors in that version of the header. One downside of this though is that gradients get a little... layered. You can see a bunch of horizontal lines now of different colors because gradients would normally use way more than the 250 color limit!

    I'd be more than happy to help you out with specifics, feel free to email me if you have any questions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Super helpful! Thank you! So you're an amazing runner AND a computer genius? Lucky guy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, glad to be of service to ya! And yeah, I'd say I do know my way around computers for the most part (I'm also super modest, as you can tell), but photoshop is something I enjoy in particular. I'm crap at drawing, but enjoy art, so messing around with photography and digitized photo manipulation appeals to me in that sense.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will the increase be proportional to hat size? I have a big head.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahahaha, I love the double meaning of "big head". Nice. :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...