Thursday, December 23, 2010

Lost in the Arboretum

I've grown extremely bored with the blandness of runs in and around my neighborhood.  I also hate foot-striking on concrete.  It sucks.  So, today I decided to drive over to the Arboretum near the University of Washington with a friend of mine to go running.  We started at 4:30 and the sun was pretty much down by 5.  Did I mention that I don't really know my way around there?  Yes, we quickly got lost after running for about half an hour or so.  Here are some picture of the running venue for your viewing pleasure:
Photo Source: Corbis Image
Photo Source: Probst Photo
We both new full well that we would get lost, but not quite to the extent that ended up occurring.  It was still a lot of fun, though.  Look below for a rough approximation of our zigzagging and backtracking.  The red circle is the area in which we parked, by the way.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, they do look nice, don't they! I didn't take them, but if you click on them you can see the sites I borrowed them from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those photos are spectacular! We don't see that much color here in San Diego. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, but you also probably don't see this much freezing weather in San Diego! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...