Sunday, December 5, 2010

An Announcement to My Fellow Bloggers

 I recently used these instructions to remove the "nofollow" tag on the comments on this blog!  For those that don't understand, this essentially means that search engines like Google will crawl links in the comments, and thus it will increase the pagerank of any linked pages.  My hope is that this will encourage an active following of readers and comment-ers on my blog and increase reader participation, as now you can get a little link love when you make contributions in the form of comments!

Now I do understand the risks of doing this.  The original reason the "nofollow" tag was created was to curb comment spam, after all.  However, I'm not too worried about this at the moment, as my blog doesn't get ALL that much traffic, and I moderate comments anyhow.  Anything that is blatant spam or is simply a "Nice blog!"-with-a-link sort of comment will quickly get nixed.  I encourage all of my fellow running bloggers to do the same with their own blogs, as it boosts the community as a whole and will actually encourage participation on your site.

You may also notice a banner I added to the left sidebar that proudly proclaims the "DoFollow" status of this blog!

14 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of DoFollow! I hope it pays off for your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, dofollow blogs are awesome. Personally I don't even bother to read no-follow blogs unless they have some amazing content since I don't really get anything out of it. But anyway, thanks for the do-follow! I'll be sure to read your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet, be sure to follow the blog and like the facebook page if you want to be kept up to date!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You stated that your hope was to have followers and readers that regularly comment on your blog. I am not really sure if you know the difference between blogging and creating a niche site. Blogging is sort of like a two way road. To get more traffic to your site, and only some will come accidentally through google if they are interested in a blog, you need to hop on down the road to other sites. To have a faithful reader, you also, must read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do read other blogs and make daily comments, but thanks for the advice Kenley.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well do-follow blogs are great but no-follow rules are there to prevent spammers. There are still other things that you can do though, you can ban or no follow the links of the spammers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kenley, also, you may be misunderstanding the purpose of making this blog "DoFollow". It was to encourage commenting, not improve SEO, which this doesn't do anything for (for THIS site, that is).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I discovered your blog through your comment on Ross's Runtheline.com blog. Looking forward to reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the article, but I found myself having to re-read it several times as the text doesn't seem to flow smoothly. For example "but still fundamentally visibly patched up". The smoothest paragraph is the last. An enjoyable read.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Huh? Are you referring to my post or the post I linked to? In either case, the text you quoted doesn't exist...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dofollow blogs are really helpful.....one of the best ways to increase your page rank but nowadays its really hard to find them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm going to have to ask that no more comments be posted on this particular post as too many people are posting here simply for the PR and not adding anything remotely useful. This isn't directed towards any of the posts that are still here, just the ones that I've marked spam and have been cleared, which were obviously not from anyone who knew anything or cared about running in the slightest.

    Any future comments attached to this post will be deleted. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Also, any more comments that have keywords in the name form will be marked as spam and deleted. I won't clear comments that have already done this as I never said this originally.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...