Thursday, November 4, 2010

I RAN TODAY!

I went on my first run today in 2 weeks!  Well, my first real run, that is (read farther back in my posts if would like to read about my cheating).  Surprisingly, the run wasn't exactly all I've made it up to be.  Or maybe not surprisingly - I kind of went to bed at 3:30 last night.  After my clock reading 3:00 and me still being conscience, I forced down a few tablespoons of Nyquil - that quickly did the trick.  I was out within a half hour.  Had to deal with a bit of a "Nyquil hangover" the next morning, but it was well worth actually getting some sleep.

Anyway, I only ended up being able to run for about 20 minutes.  I probably ran about 2.5 miles or so, so it wasn't super slow, but it was a lot shorter than I had intended.  Going on 3 hours of sleep, I honestly just couldn't push myself to do anymore.

On another note, this morning I completely revitalized my interest in barefoot strides.  During Conditioning class, a friend and myself went out onto the football field and did some strides, barefoot.  It was amazing!  The sun was up (surprising, I know, for Seattle) and there was a layer of dew on the astro-turf.  It felt reeeeeeally nice on the knees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...