Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Lincoln Park 10/13/2010

Today we had our all-city meet at Lincoln Park in West Seattle.  It's definitely one of my favorite courses - some decent hills but the downhill parts are gradual and makes the course pretty fast.  It's also a fairly wooded course in most parts, which really always helps me mentally.  If I can see the rest of the course from any given point while running, it can really get to me.  Below are some pics I snagged off the Seattle Parks & Rec site.

Photo Credit: Seattle Parks and Recreation
Photo Credit: Seattle Parks and Recreation
We were pitted against the toughest schools in Kinco 4A - Skyline and Garfield, numbers 1 and 2 in Kinco respectively.  Despite this, we had a lot of PR's and extremely good performance from the majority of our runners.  Adam Houston, a freshman this year, ran a 17:38 today!  That's a 48 second PR from what he ran on Saturday (which was a 31 second PR in itself).  Major props, Mr. Houston!

Another runner I'd like to single out is Nathan Wolfe, also a freshman.  He surprised everybody today when he won the Boys JV race with an 18:39.  That's a whopping 63 second PR for him!  Hats off to you, Nathan.

As for myself, I was hoping for better.  I did PR, but by a measly second with a 19:28.  I felt like I did pretty well and taking a faster first mile (5:40) actually helped a lot, despite races in the past where I've died after going out too fast.  I was definitely hurting the last mile or so of the race, and didn't pick it up enough the last ~1/3 mile.  My stomach also felt like shit, literally.  So yeah, didn't feel to great today.  But a PR is a PR, no matter what way you look at it.  Next week is the Kinco championship, and our cheerleaders are actually going to come (ghasp!).  That should definitely help me and everyone else out (well, maybe not the girls team), and pending a content stomach, I'm confident I can do better.

5 comments:

  1. I would like to say that Luke Johnson is an amazing runner, and his blog is always enjoyable and informative. Keep writing Luke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words, Mr./Ms. Anonymous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this great post. It’s very enlightening. I absolutely love to read informative stuff. Looking forward to find out more and acquire further knowledge from here! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an extremely smart written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your useful information. Thank you for the post. I will certainly return.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...