Saturday, October 30, 2010

Districts Re-Cap

My morning today started only slightly hectically, with me sleeping in until 8:30 and having to be at the bus at 8:50.  Stressful, but I made it on time.

The Course
It was amazing.  I REALLY wish I could have run on it today.  It started in a field, and the first mile was looping around some baseball/soccer fields, before it exited the school athletics area and went up a hill and into the forest.  The forest part was pretty neat, with a lot of little rolling hills - really a pretty nice place to walk through (I cannot attest to running though it, but I imagine it would be nice). After coming out of the forest briefly, the course than went back in and went back down the hill, feeding out into the sports fields.  The race finished on a track.  Pics below:

Roughly 500 meters into the race, course looping around fields
About 200 meters past 1st mile
Turning off into the woods
A funny sign Reid spotted in the woods
Pretty forest trail
Just past the second mile mark, about to head into the trees again and go down the hill towards the fields
Sorry, but that's about it for course pics!

Results
Let's start on a good note.  The girls team made it to State by placing 5th!  Awesome races, all around.  Two of them also placed in the top 25 (state cut-off for individuals).

The boys race wasn't bad by any means - we just didn't make it to State this year.  I think one of our runners, Nick Murphy, may have PR'd, but I don't think anyone else did.  Everyone else was around their PR's, but unfortunately no significant peaking occurred.

Racing Pictures
And they're off!
A good shot of Daniel (yellow top, green shorts), just wish I had gotten him in better focus!
Rounding the bend, heading up into the trees
About 100 meters past 2nd mile, heading into trees to go down hill onto the fields
About a half-mile left
Literally the last 100, Hart's rounding the bend

Go here for the rest of the pictures in higher quality.  My apologies for such a long and picture-heavy post!  Hopefully you all still found it interesting.

6 comments:

  1. Great photos of the race and the course - one up to the Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, and yeah, they did really well. It actually came as quite a surprise when they were reading off the placing - their coach didn't even think that they had made it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey- Looks like a great course! Wish I could get out to the west coast sometime.

    -Waffle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, man! It's been a while. Yeah, running here is definitely nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. bookmarked!!, I loνe уοur web site!


    Feel free to visіt mу ωeb blog :: healing energy
    Look into my web page - mobile massage therapy

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an extremely smart written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your useful information. Thank you for the post. I will certainly return.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...